CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 28, 2008

Calvin & Hobbs

About two weeks ago Eve and I were sitting on the back porch watching Scott doing his usual antics of war when during our banter back and forth she said that Scott was like Calvin. I gave her a funny look and she says as in Calvin and Hobbs. As soon as she said it I knew she was right! Calvin is not malicious but he is definitely mischievous. He has a best friend that is a stuffed tiger with a personality all its own. Everyone of Scott's stuffed animals have personalities and he converses with them, even sometimes to me and Dad. And heaven forbid that one of them should come up missing. We lost a small elephant named Dumbo over a year ago. He still cries every now and then for it. He secretly blames Aunt Jasmine for it, sorry gotta blame someone :)!

As we are sitting there talking we discuss particularly the snow cartoons because Scott is a snow boy. A Utah boy thru and thru! We could see Scott building an army of snowmen just to turn around and have war with them where they all get annihilated.

There are so many similarities that it is just uncanny. It has definitely helped us understand what he does sometimes. I sent these two strips to Ammon. The first I stated was what Scott must be thinking when I send him to bed.











This next one is more a question of spirit of the law vs the letter of the law, that line I think gets blurred for children. Although it frustrates me when I look back I laugh about it.










I found a few about bike riding that just made me bust up. Because I look back I think to myself "Really, that has to be what he was thinking."






























I hope that these cartoons will be legible for everyone to read. If not email me and I will send them to you via email.
Cheerio for now.

2 comments:

Jasmine

HEY! We did find Poo Bear! So Aunt Jasmine doesn't throw away stuffed animals! HE HE HE!!! (Maybe you should think Uncle Matt instead!!!! LMBO!!!! JK!!!)

JennandStar

Great news about Pooh Bear. I will let Scott know that you decided not to throw him away. HEE HEEE. He will be greatly releaved. Your right about Uncle Matt LOL!!!!

You should read what I posted tonite. You'll laugh.