CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

It's official-I am a mean Mom!

So, it finally happened. It was bound to happen sooner or later. I have been told it would. I have read about it happening. I mean it is not like we need to alert Oprah or the morning talk shows. It happens to every parent at some point in their long journey of parenthood. I was informed by my six year old son, Scott, that I am a mean mom. For which I promptly replied, "I must be doing something right."



This was met with complete silence before Star started in on one of his mini sermons. Before he could get to far Scott ran out of the room crying. Which is a pretty typical response from him. He never bothers to finish hearing what we are actually trying to say. He hears a few key words and off he goes. I secretly think that Star does it on purpose.



The silly thing is that it was over playing a game of Sorry with the Bartholomew's. It was already going on 8:30. Now, in all honesty, he does love to spend time with the Bartholomew's. They are an incredible family even if Scott and John have a hard time getting along.



I of course found the perfect Calvin and Hobbs cartoon. It is about his Dad but I felt it worked in this situation.










I guess I took a serious dip in the polls tonite. Ahhh, I am sure it is not the last time that I will hear my son utter those words to me.

1 comments:

Tasha

It may be bad, and I should enjoy my kids in thier baby years, but I'm REALLY excited for them to start school! I've only got 3 and 5years to go!